Wednesday, August 12, 2009

No Compromises



A compromise is defined as a settlement of differences by mutual concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims, principles, etc. Therefore we can assume that a compromise is where two parties come to a mutual understanding where both parties forfeit something for something in return - a happy medium, win-win situation if you will. However; most compromises these days arn't actual "compromises."


I have made many supposed "compromises" within my life, more so than usual within this last year. At one point, and to this day, I swear I have given up the best lifetime career opporunity that I shall ever receive. Obviously I know this isn't true, yet, I still find myself wondering what could have been. Women often do throw away opportunites they want for the idea of finding "Mr.Right" - I know, I've been there. But how exactly do we figure this as a compromise? Here I am tossing out this grand opportunity for the dream of him being "Mr.Right," because he's asking me to stay and see where things will take us - but what exactly is he giving up for me in return? He's giving up dick-fuck-all! And here we are convincing ourselves that this is a compromise!!


Women convince themselves over and over again of such things because we want to believe in something more than what there actually is. We are only given one life to live - so live it! Refuse to make these false compromises any longer!


I have often dreamt of travelling the world, being able to experience different cultures, help refugee camps, and start my own business. I don't want to experience this all on my own; however; I refuse to make another compromise. Even if it were to be an actual compromise! There are many things I refuse to give up anymore - pray tell MY LIFE! If I find someone who wants to venture with me upon this journey all the better, if not, then so be it. Lets face it - I'm tired of feeling like the things I want arn't as important as the things someone else wants. This is MY life; therefore; want I want out of my life IS the most important thing!


I will NOT compromise!

No comments:

Post a Comment